Darwin's Deadly Legacy
American Catholic Theologian George Weigel wrote: "Ideas have consequences and bad ideas can have lethal consequences."
That is certainly the case with Charles Darwin, creator of the theory of evolution. Here are a few quotes that demonstrate how his ridiculous theory has fueled absurd and deadly ideas (a detailed discussion of this topic follows).
- “No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or will not be a mother.” Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood
- “We really need to get over this love affair with the fetus and start worrying about children.” Jocelyn Elders, former U.S. Attorney General“
- The most merciful thing that a large family does for one of its infant members is to kill it.” Margaret Sanger
- “Three generations of imbeciles is enough." Former U.S. Supreme Court Judge Oliver Wendell Holmes
- An official order is issued calling for the “Destruction of Lives Unworthy of Life.” They are also labeled “useless eaters. Adolph Hitler
- Practicing birth control is a way to “create a race of thoroughbreds” (See Related Article) Margaret Sanger
- [Speaking of aborting poor children] “Doesn’t a mother have the right to decide to spare her child the pain of being born into a life of hunger, a life of poverty?”GA. State Rep. Roberta Abdul-Salaam (D-Riverdale)
The Journal Of Medical Ethics, UK, declares that newly born babies are not “actual persons” and do not have a “moral right to life.” The article calls them only “potential persons.”
According to The Stated Philosophy of "Death with Dignity", an Assisted Suicide Organization, “The greatest human freedom is to live, and die, according to one’s own desires and beliefs.”
Abortion—Infanticide—Assisted Suicide—Selective Reproduction! How can anyone justify such practices?
According to many scholars, much of the blame rests at the feet of Charles Darwin and his completely unscientific and ungodly theory of evolution.
Even though he was raised in a Christian environment, he eventually turned against God and placed no value in the sanctity of life.
“I gradually came to disbelieve in Christianity as a divine revelation” he wrote. The final result was his total rejection of all teachings in the Bible, including the origin of how living things came to be, as well as any moral principles.
Darwin’s answer was that all life came into existence completely by chance in some “warm little pond.” Who lived and who died was defined as “survival of the fittest” where the weak perished and the strong lived.
This view—that life is not divinely inspired and thus has no ultimate purpose—served as the foundation for a worldview adopted by people such as Sanger, Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao zedong, and others.
Without God in the picture, such people were free to create their own versions of reality: they gave themselves the right to decided right and wrong, especially who was worthy of life.
Hitler may represent the extreme example of attempts to implement Darwin’s theories. He launched a widespread effort to create a pure Aryan race through selective reproduction programs.
At the same time, he killed millions of people he considered inferior, including Jews, a host of other foreigners along with the mentally and physically handicapped.
In the United States, Darwin shaped Margaret Sanger’s view of eugenics, which she saw as a way of weeding out the inferior and unworthy from the gene pool, especially African-Americans. Her goal was to create a race of “thoroughbreds.”
And it continues today. Despite proponents’ claim that they want abortion to be “safe, legal and rare,” since Roe v Wade in 1973 this barbaric practice has led to the slaughter of 56 million innocent children in this country.
Worldwide, the number of innocent preborn children offered at the altar of “choice” is staggering, numbering in the hundreds of millions.At the same time, disrespect for the elderly and infirm is rapidly growing.
If it’s permissible to weed out preborn children considered unfit or unwanted, then why not apply the same logic to the elderly as well?
Many observers fear that Obamacare—if it’s not overturned—will eventually lead to healthcare rationing and the denial of medical help for the elderly.
After all, what’s the point of spending a lot of time and money on someone who, for whatever reason, is incapable of making any contribution to society? They too could be viewed as “useless eaters.”
Abortion - Infanticide - Assisted Suicide - Selective Reproduction. If these practices and philosophies make you ill, then you will want to do your part in electing life-minded legislatures here in Georgia to represent your views. Send a clear message to your legislator that you support laws that protect all human life! GRTL's "Life and Liberty Tracker" can help you do just that - check it out here.