From Your Home:
- Education Assistance for research and resources—help our Education Director to create resources (literature, PowerPoint presentations, PSA’s, fact sheets, etc.) for the pro-life position. Write letters to the Editor.
- Event Planner Assistance:
- Plan fundraising events with our Director of Development.
- The annual January 22, Together for Life event.
- Join the Georgia Right to Life Prayer Team.
At the State Office in downtown Norcross:
- Office Assistance:
- Clerical (copying, filing, labeling, inventory, etc.)
- Making and answering phone calls
- Large scale mail projects and envelope stuffing
- Data Entry
- Grounds Maintenance: Yard work, office cleaning, and maintenance
Out in the Community:
- Chapter Leader/ Assistant Leaders: Learn how to lead a grassroots, pro-life group in your area.
- Schedule a GRTL speaker for your group: Chastity 101, Stem Cell Research, etc
- Become a pro-life speaker yourself for school groups, church groups, other meetings. You will be trained in the use of our PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist our Government Affairs Director as a citizen lobbyist at the State Capitol during the legislative session, January-April.
- Testify at legislative hearings during the legislative session, January-April. We often need attorneys; doctors and other medical professionals; and citizens with personal experiences in life issues.
- Assist the Georgia Right to Life Political Action Committee by meeting with candidates to educate them on pro-life issues.
Through the R.E.A.C.H. Project (Raising Educational Awareness & Changing Hearts) Georgia Right to Life purchases billboards, and paid placement when “abortion” is Googled in the Internet. These avenues present a toll- free number operated by Option Line, which connects the caller to her closest pregnancy resource center. Such advertising is well beyond the shoe-string budgets of these centers. These efforts have dramatically increased the call volume to Georgia pregnancy centers, resulting in saved unborn lives and help for post-abortive women.
In addition to the ads which prompt calls pregnancy centers, R.E.A.C.H. funds other outreach efforts, including the Pillars of Personhood project, public college campus-based events that reach thousands of college student with the sanctity of life message. Through intense training, high school and college pro-lifers are equipped with a biblical worldview of human life, and given the tools to engage college student in dialog about the life issue. Find out more about Pillars training and events here.
All these efforts measurably change attitudes about abortion and the sanctity of life, lower abortion rates, and help turn the political climate toward life.